Play Station 3 Stuck in System Restore loop (Solved) or Remove Bad Sectors from Hard Drives

Hello Guys,

After two years of smooth game play on my Play Station 3 console, one day I encountered a problem that my ps3 won't go further than System Restore due to some Force shutdown problem. Well it was normal for me because it was often that my I had to force shut down my PS3 and after that It would perform System Restore to Recover some kind of files. But this time I wasn't able to boot into the system the system restore won't complete or It will start again. So, it was stuck in some kind of loop. The point is I can't boot into the my PS System.

So, I did some research on the Internet and found out that there could be some bad sectors on my Hard Drive. It's normal to have bad sectors on the hard drive due to system errors and the internet guys told me that only solution to bad sectors is Hard Drive format but I can't afford to lose my save game data and all the other stuff in the Drive.


After some more digging I came up with a solution to remove bad sectors. There is a software available on the Internet that can remove the bad sectors of the hard drive and it can even recover the data on those sectors. This software have very unique algorithm. It's a 100$ software Called HDD Regenerator . It's a little bit costly but worth the money you spend, and it can even help you to Regenerate the Bad sectors on the other Hard Drives you own.

Now the next thing is removing your PS3 internal Hard Drive from the PS3 System. There is no harm in removing the Hard Drive from the system because the OS of the PS3 is stored somewhere else. You can learn to remove the hard drive anywhere on the Internet there are lot of videos available for Removing PS3 Internal from the PS3 system.

After removing the Hard Drive Connect it to your PC internally or  If you own a laptop than you have to buy a  SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Cable, which is much easier to do rather than connecting to PC. You can easily buy it from amazon for almost 10 Bucks Which is a better way to connect Hard Drive to your PC in my opinion.

Now install the the HDD Regenerator and scan the PS3 Hard Drive for bad sector it will take some time depending upon the size of your Hard Drive. After repairing the the bad sectors insert the Hard Drive back into your PlayStation System. This time system restore would happen normally just like the old times. Now you will be able to boot into PS3 System and you can see the PS3 home screen.


Hope it works for you too.


Thanks!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RPCS3: PS3 Emulator Guide